It is hard work being a Galapagos animal.
Inhabitants of one of the most protected island chains in the world truly have a lot on their plate. Natural predators are in abundance thanks to the conservation effort, food sources are plentiful so it is easy to get full at will, and there are always throngs of tourists to entertain each and every day.
You think your job is rough? These 17 animals from the Galapagos beg to differ.
The Sea Lions Who Entertain Tourists All Day
You think showing off to tourists is easy?
We trained years for this!
Okay, fine. Smile for the close-up.
All this PR makes us hungry. I can haz fish?
C'mon dude, give me the fish.
That's it, I'm done.
I can't find a pillow. This rock will do.
The bus is late everyone, take five.
I just… I just can't.
The Iguanas Who Just Can't Be Bothered
This is the best spot. Seriously, the best.
I looovvveee this beach.
I'm done. Maybe tomorrow.
The Tortoises Who Moved Just a Few Feet Too Much
This is the only thing I'll get out of bed for
What do you mean the food isn't coming to me?!
That's it. I'm out. Definitely tomorrow.
Eating is just too much hard work.
..and Finally, A Few Bonus Boobies
They haven't had a bad week. They're boobies, after all.
Do you have a favorite sleepy animal from the Galapagos? Comment below to let us know!
Looking to plan your logistics on Galapagos island hopping? Click the previous link to read more!
Looking to book your next trip? Check out the following services we use and love or click the previous link to read more!
- AirfareWatchdog to find a cheap plane ticket.
- AirTreks to find more obscure routes / RTW flight deals.
- STA Travel to find travel deals for those under 30.
- Booking.com to find a hotel deal.
- Hostelworld to find a budget hostel.
- World Nomads to insure your trip.
- Viator for a stellar day tour.
- G Adventures for a multi-day guided tour.
- Or our gear list to update your equipment!