The Long-Term Traveler’s Guide is the definitive planning resource for all those looking to cut loose from the standard path and head out to see the world for weeks, months, or years on end. Whether you want to eat gelato in Italy, ride an elephant in Thailand, climb the Great Wall of China, go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, or do it all, planning for the adventure is unlike any other form of travel.
The 248 page guide covers all aspects of the planning process from deciding to go, developing your itinerary, saving for the trip, acquiring visas, packing, finding your style on the road, money management, finding the best food, overland travel methods, proof of onward travel, and much, much more. There are so many topics included that we can't list them all here, so instead we took a screen cap of the Table of Contents so you can see what the guide is all about! (Click to open the full-size image in a new window)
Read a Chapter
We don't want you to take our word for it that The Long-Term Traveler's Guide is going to turn the travel world upside-down, we want you to see for yourself. To show you what the guide is all about, we've provided two chapters for everyone to read! The two chapters that we provided are some of the most difficult topics that all long-term travelers face:
- Visa Acquisition
- RTW Plane Tickets vs Independent
Reviews of the Guide
The following are excerpts of some of the best reviews we have found for The Long-Term Traveler's Guide:
- “I really really love the book. There is just so much in there I never even thought of. It’s been a great book to have and I have already told some of my travelling friends about it! So much better than Lonely Planet’s (sort of equivalent) Gap Year book – I also have that at home and information just isn’t as helpful!” – Annie N. Winner of the First Official Copy
- "The Long Term Traveler’s Guide is geared towards those who are dreaming of long term travel but just haven’t been able to see their dream come true. It answers questions you maybe didn’t even know to ask and provides a great framework of how to go about making that dream a reality.” – Gillian and Jason, One Giant Step
- "Jeremy goes into detail about practically every travel topic you can think of from getting your visa to deciding which underwear you should buy. While he gives you a plethora of information he does it without boring you and making you feel like you’re reading a travel novel. He shares a generous amount of knowledge and will help you build up the courage to take the next step towards fulfilling your travel dreams" - Tours4Fun. Major Travel Company
Printed Book and a Digital Package
The Long-Term Traveler's Guide is available in several forms: a printed edition, for reader devices such as Kindle, Nook, or the iPad, and even as a comprehensive digital package with many extra features developed to make planning your long-term adventure a breeze!
The printed edition of the guide is available through a number of online outlets listed below and is 248 pages of all topics related to planning your next long-term adventure. Please click on any of the links listed below to be taken to your favorite marketplace of choice. $11.55 Sale Price!
But Wait, There is More!
We have also decided to break up our digital package features into FREE TO DOWNLOAD files for those who may be buying a different format of the book and wanting one or two of the downloads! In addition to the formats listed above, we will now be giving away these features for all readers of this site:
- Weather Planning Charts (click here to download)
- Integrated Planning Spreadsheet (click here to download)
- City Picker Feature (click here to download)
- Planning Blog Posts Collection (click here to download)
Writing a book has been one of the most in-depth projects we have ever worked on. To help out all future authors learn from our effort, we published a ten-part "Writing a Travel Book" to give an insiders look on how we put the guide together. To find the latest post in the series, check out the Travel Book link in the Categories sidebar of the site!